Areas of Responsibility
Overall communication strategy for this synod through providing informational services, programs for communication training and media education, and media programs.
Report to the 2016 Synod Assembly
The Communication Services Committee has had several meetings and discussions this past year with the goal of determining the new and ongoing services we can provide to the synod and all of its congregations. As a first step, the video team has used the new, high-tech equipment to help several congregations develop videos that support stewardship campaigns. These professional-quality videos have been informative, innovative and led to successful campaigns.
We also have continued to post information on the Facebook page and produce the quarterly insert for The Lutheran magazine. And, we are working with the synod staff to develop a new electronic newsletter to streamline communications throughout the synod.
At the same time, we continue to need your input to hear news from across the synod, to understand your needs, and to identify ways we can continue to evolve this ministry to better serve you. Please:
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your news, information or suggestions—or to ask questions about any of our communication tools
• Post news, information and photos to the Facebook page (SWPA Lutheran Synod) in addition to submitting to the Echo and the website
• Provide information, updates and photos for Sandy DeLorenze to post to the website
• Suggest events and ministries that could benefit from our new video equipment
• Write or suggest articles for the insert to The Lutheran magazine
• Tell us about your other communication needs and ideas
We thank everyone who has contributed information in the past year or put our services to good use. We hope to hear from more of you in the coming year. The easiest way is to use the email address above.
And finally, many thanks to our committee members, whose dedication to good communications, new technology, and this Synod and its congregations is awe-inspiring.
Chairperson: Janice G. Jeletic
Secretary: Myra L. Fozard
Synod Council Representative: Pastor Brian Chaffee
Clergy: Pastor Tara Lynn
Laypersons: Gene O. Fozard; Bruce M. Letterle; Judith J. Rogers; Carrie Nurnberger-Lane; Nadine Simon
Resource Persons: Dennis T. Lane; Holly O. Schmitt
Staff: The Rev. Sarah Lee-Faulkner, Assistant to the Bishop
In case you missed our Committee's session at Synod Assembly, below are two tools to help your congregation build a social media presence. Also, please email your story ideas and photos for the website, Facebook page and insert in The Lutheran to email@example.com
Social Media Helpful Links (102 KB)
Social Media and Congregations (298 KB)